BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glad Game..

SO! I'm now officially on High Blood pressure meds. Yay! I think? Sort of?
I've had high BP for 4 years but the Dr has always said it's high.. but not high enough for meds so we need to watch it.. So, when I lost 30lbs at the beginning of this year, I was excited to see what my new BP would be. I was disappointed to see that it hadn't gone down at all. What does my Dr say? Diet. (What do you think I did to lose 30 lbs??)
6 months go by and then I have 2 really scary days. Dizziness, light headed, headaches, heart palpitations and at the end of the second day I said, enough is enough! I took my BP and it was really high. I went and saw my Dr and he put me on meds. Which I thought is what I wanted.. so I can relax a little and not always think about having a stroke at 25.. or feel like my heart is beating way to fast.. and not feel so TIRED all the time..
The first 3 days of the meds were horrible while my body got used to working at a slower pace. I was even more dizzy than before and WAY more tired! But I've started taking them at night and going into week two I think I'm feeling pretty good about the pills. And best of all they aren't permanent! If I ever feel like I don't want or need the pills anymore, I can toss 'em out! Which is awesome!
On that note, I thought I would copy my cousin and play the Glad Game. =)

I'm glad I have 2 healthy little girls. I'm glad I have a roof over my head. I'm glad I have an amazing husband that I'm still very much in love with. I'm glad I have my Dog. I'm glad I have parents that raised me to the very best of their ability and instilled in me the values that I want to pass along to my own kids. I'm glad I have a job. I'm glad Kai has a job. I'm glad there's always enough food on the table. I'm glad we have money to pay the bills. I'm glad Alexis goes to a good school. I'm glad Alexis loves to read. I'm glad Keira is finally potty trained. I'm glad I have friends I can call whenever I need them. I'm glad we have two working cars. I'm glad I have a big extended family that has fun when we get together. I'm glad we have the best Holidays around our house. I'm glad I get along with my mother in law and genuinely enjoy being with her. I'm glad Kai loves my family. And for some shallow ones.. I'm glad I discovered Mac make up this year. I'm glad I have an extensive library in my bedroom. I'm glad my favorite shows record for me to watch alone at at night. I'm glad my heart is going to be healthy again. =)

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I'm glad you are on blood pressure meds. That sounds scary! It's never good when you feel dizzy, & you have to chase two kids.

I like your glad game-list. Love ya!

JP said...

I love the Glad Game!!

Feel better!! Of course, this was written so long ago (catching up!) I hope things have evened out by now.

Love ya!